Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Brightest

Years ago I started a new path.
Random events kept it clear.
Although I was not able to travel further than a few feet at a time,
I always knew where the opening was.

Never knowing who I would run into,
The short lived journeys still left me with an eternal smile.

With the onset of time however, complications have arisen.
The once clear ground has now become overrun,
And debris blocks my way.

Feeling like this is my last chance,
I took the next train.
My destination, home.

Unbeknownst to me, there were not enough pieces left to complete the track.
My mind urgently reflects back to a place where I reset.
A time where for seventy-two hours I lived in silence.
The solitude kept bouncing back at me in the darkness.
And the light, well that's a different story.

I take soft pride with the way this came to be.
Yet to be resolved,
But I am certain it will favor a past that holds fewer patches than mine.

Conversations of the immediate future brought me here,
An abrupt distance dragged me further still.
How could I have ever thought about closure,
When that was always the furthest thing from my mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment