Thursday, January 10, 2013

Texture

The texture of these pages feels… strange between my fingers. The slight rise of the graphite, the pieces left over from mistakes.. my youth saying hello.
The last entry from my three day hermitage reads:

“4-4-9 4:05pm
I will see things not meant to be seen.
Hear things not meant to be heard.
I will prostrate myself to the wind
And un-become what I have became.”

Throughout the two years that followed, these twin lights witnessed deception first hand
And the double punctures have pounded with hollow guarantees.
Once I did take a leap of faith and trust the invisible force, which brought me crashing face first into the concrete.
After that incident, I was left alone to pick up the shards of my once pure heart.

Yet further back I sent an invitation to someone still unknown.

“11-9-4 2:12pm
Dance with me on the floor of infinity, and lay with me in the sands of time.”

I’ve had a few partners, but we could not anticipate each other’s moves.  Frustration and confusion were ripe in those days. I eventually danced alone, and lead myself to this moment.

My personal history is doing its best to show me truth. But where does truth reside? Every word has a definition, and every definition is filled with words, so the research just repeats. There has to be a way to rise above simple text, and connect to the feeling behind them. I try my best to elevate to a higher level of thinking, but get hung up on the after thoughts. Holding steadfast to the earth for fear that my words will be taken out of context.
I must stop trying and just do.

When spring offers up its first blossom I shall say goodbye to all parts of my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment