Tuesday, January 15, 2013

For Your Consideration

The patterns of light that dance behind my eyelids play tricks on me. In my sleep I clearly see the instructions that have been handed down by vicious and treacherous lovers.

There was one that lifted the doubt in my mind, never misleading me with tales spun from desperation.
Pure candor.
Even when it evaporated on the blacktop, kindness flourished (like the flowers that brought us together).

What is hidden can surface within the right environment.

Now the stage is set, and I must lead the last act, so simple to do,
But I am firm in the knowledge that once it is displayed, the final curtain will fall.
That alone leaves me apprehensive; for I am sure there will be no other engagements after this run has finished.

Her name reflected mine, and I swear that briberies never felt so right.
My brightest days still float in those eyes, and the foolish ramblings born from these lips will forever soar on the breeze.

My muscles beg for rest, but howling corridors of thought call to me, leading me further to some distant destination.
I must endure and raise my head high to see the glory falling all around me.
The way it is, is like none before.
I tingle with justice as karma finishes the last of its payments.

I taste mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment