Monday, April 18, 2011

The Greatest Of Slumbers

The Greatest Of Slumbers
By: Bryan Olson

Somewhere in the air between my fingertips and my feathers, an epiphany is born.
Next to the polls on my sanity, detailed lines are drawn.
(run to the tattooed light that cleans blackened nails)
Ropes of energy wrap around like a full-body halo.
Driving until the dawn is reflected in the falling life before me,
Absorbing their stories into my essence, I float on to the next.

Overflowing eruptions of systematic thought,
Break through the layers that came after the greatest of slumbers.
They flow into the ether,
And like lightning,
They strike,
(charging air and swimming in skin)

Fearing the fearful,
(for they have devised the most unspeakable devices)
Walking in reverse, to cover my tracks.
Yet every autumn I fall into the pools I have been so careful to avoid,
(an Aquarius swimming with the koi)
As thoughts wonder into the clouds that shower us with traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment