Friday, March 25, 2011

The 5th

The 5th
By: Bryan Olson

The way the moonlight would creep in and awaken me,
Just so I could look over and see the gift lying beside me.
The way the sun would leave reminders, not to take him lightly.
The way the seasons changed, to show that it was real.

Moments that lasted until dawn,
Were over before I knew.
A swing-set that held secret worries,
And a dress that concealed a beautiful world
Waiting to be explored.

The countless nights I have sat awake before her love,
Yearning for the touch of an angel,
And for the words that were breathed into my life,
(oh, how long I had waited to taste them)
To be real.

A voice that let out an unspeakable harm,
Has taken away all I had,
(all I ever wanted)
In only a
Few.
Brief..
Seconds...

The moon no longer wakes me,
The sun now only blinds me,
And the seasons,
(what I had looked forward to the most)
Taunt my every step with the cold dead winter.

How bright my life once was,
Now just a shimmer shines through.
A reminder stuck in stone,
To never forget what my windows show me.

How foolish I was,
To let flagrant deceptions,
Touch my honest heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment